|TOM PETTY deluxe box set and DVD/Blu-Ray due next month|
|Thursday, 31 May 2012 11:03|
As Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers prepare for their live shows at the Royal Albert Hall on June 18th and 20th, Universal Music marks the occasion with the first UK DVD and Blu-ray release of the classic 'Live in Concert' show.
Recorded for a two-part PBS Soundstage, this is a fascinating and exciting show, where the extensive covers are just as interesting as the hits. Kicking off with Big Joe Williams' "Baby Please Don't Go" the stage is set for the rest of this show. Petty pays tribute to both Elvis and Ray Charles with a King-like romp through "I Got A Woman." He also satisfies his J.J. Cale fixation with reworkings of "Thirteen Days". The band settles in and plays rarities and personal favourites that have never before been officially recorded as 11 high-definition cameras catch all the action from every angle.
There will also be two box set reissues:
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Live Anthology Deluxe Box Set is the first ever career-spanning multiple-disc set of live recordings. The collection brings together the best material from thirty years, culled from hundreds of hours of incredible live concert recordings covering every era of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' tours and represents the best tracks as chosen by producers Tom Petty, Mike Campbell and Ryan Ulyate.
- 62 tracks on 5 CDs including 14 exclusive tracks on the 5th disc only available in this collector's deluxe box set
- DVD of "400 Days", a documentary film by director Martyn Atkins, made during the 1995 Wildflowers Tour
- DVD of New Years Eve 1978 Santa Monica, CA concert
- Vinyl of the re-mastered 1976 Official Live 'Leg bootleg album
- One Blu-ray disc of all 62 tracks in both stereo and surround sound. This high resolution Blu-ray is an audio only disc with basic song navigation and information displayed on the screen. The 96K 24-bit audio on the disc has 256 times more resolution than a CD providing greater detail and reproducing the music's full dynamic range, from the softest to the loudest sounds
- Deluxe book with liner notes offering personal perspective by Tom Petty, Warren Zanes, Bill Flanagan, Robert Hilburn, Joel Selvin, Austin Scaggs, and Phil Sutcliffe
- Lithograph reproduction of Shepard Fairey Cover Art (12" x 12" on high quality stock)
- Reproduction of 1997 twenty night Fillmore stand concert poster (8" x 12" on high quality stock)
- The Live Anthology notebook
- Assorted authentic vintage backstage satin passes
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers 'Playback' is a 6 disc box set, originally from 1995 which contains album tracks, B-sides, outtakes & early songs. This comprehensive set has not been available outside North America since 2005. Playback is a career retrospective spanning Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers' stay at MCA Records. It includes a collection of Petty's best-known material, as well as tracks recorded by his first band, Mudcrutch, solo demos, 27 previously unreleased songs, B-sides and live cuts.
Spanning 20 years of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' career, from 1973 to 1993 and featuring more than 90 songs PLAYBACK is the definitive Petty document.